Water Softener and Carbon Filter
Part 1 and Part 2 of our "Whole House Sytem". These filters treat the water for the entire house and will be installed near the water main shut off valve. The outside landscaping does not need to be treated so, if possible, we will tie in after the landscaping and before the house.
What is wrong with hard water and chlorine?
Hard water costs you money
- Hard water increases your energy bill
- Hard water damages your clothes
- Hard water damages your appliances
- Hard water uses more soaps/shampoos
- Hard water spots are difficult to remove
Hard water is a health risk
- Hard water damages your skin
- Hard water damages your hair
Chlorine is a health risk
- Chlorine kills organic matter
- Chlorine vapor is breathed into your lungs while showering
How bad is the water in our area?
The national standard for measuring hardness is measured on a scale from 0 to 10, with 10 being very, very hard water!
The water in this area is between 17 - 20 grains of hardness!!
What are the benefits of Soft Water?
According to the Water Quality Association Soft Water has the following benefits:
- Hot water heaters use 29% less energy with Soft Water
- Clothes last 15% longer with Soft Water
- Appliances last longer with Soft Water
- Average household uses 50% less soap, shampoo and detergent
- Average household uses 50% less cleaning agents to clean the house
Soft water does not form Soap Curd, hard water does.
Soap curd remains on your clothes and on your skin after rinsing