Water is a basic essential for our health and well being. No living thing can survive without it. Water is our most important resource for existence.
It may seem that there is an abundance of water,but is that really true?
- 75% of the earth is made up of water.
- 97% of that water is salt water,
- 3% of the earth’s water is fresh water.
- 2% of that fresh water is frozen in icecaps and glaciers.
- 1% of the water on our planet is available for human consumption.
The need for water
A few facts about water and our dependence on water:
- Humans are comprised of 55-60% water.
- We can survive a month, or more, without food, but only a week without water.
- The average person in the United States uses 80-100 gallons of water per day.
For good health and well being, it is recommended that the average adult consume 8 -12 cups of water per day. If you sweat or drink soda, coffee or other diruetics, then you need to consume more water.
What water is best for you?
Reverse Osmosis - Of Course
Drink pure water from a reverse osmosis filter and get your vitamins, minerals and phytonutients from the foods you eat and/or supplements.
By the way: Our bodies are designed to digest and absorb food. When we take in minerals that are not in a "food form", your body may not digest it or absorb it correctly. Studies have shown that Calcium from the ground water can cause kidney stones, clogging of the arteries and weaked bones.
That is why it is important to take supplements that are in a "food form". They cost more than synthetic supplements, but aren't you worth it?